This simple and refreshing side is a delicious accompaniment to rich meat or other heartier main dishes.
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1 small (about 1 lb) red cabbage
- ½ (0.75 oz) pkg chives, chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped dill
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- Halve the cucumbers lengthwise and thinly slice. Core and very thinly slice the cabbage. To a large bowl, add cucumbers, cabbage, and chives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, dill, and sugar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add dressing to vegetables and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- April 2019
- guiding star