A new twist on franks and beans, this delectable dinner cuts the usually lengthy cooking time of barbecue beans with some help from the pantry, getting them on the table in just 20 minutes.
- 2 (15.8 oz cans reduced sodium Great Northern beans, drained
- ¼ cup Nature's Promise Organic Original Barbecue Sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 4 bratwurst sausages
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Set grill or grill pan to medium.
- In a medium pot, combine the beans, barbecue sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and ¼ cup water. Heat to a boil on high. Reduce heat and simmer 10 min., stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, place the bratwursts on grill and cook, covered, 10 min., until fully cooked, turning occasionally.
- Garnish beans with the parsley. Serve beans with bratwursts.
- Budget Friendly
- $10 Meals
- June 2019