A thin coating of panko and a quick pan-fry turns mild-mannered tilapia into delicious fish tacos that everyone will love.
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 lb tilapia fillets
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 1 cup fresh pico de gallo
- Cilantro and lime wedges, for garnish
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs and chili powder. Place the panko in another shallow bowl. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Dip into egg mixture and then in panko, pressing to coat.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. In batches, add the fish and cook 2–3 min. per side, until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer fish to paper towel-lined platter and season with salt.
- Cut fish into large chunks and serve in the tortillas. Top with sour cream and pico de gallo. Garnish with the cilantro and lime.
- Fifteen Minutes
- October November 2021
- guiding star
- 15 Minutes
- June 2019