A heavy skillet on the grill gets the job done without a panini press for this Italian-inspired sandwich that uses pistachios instead of pine nuts in the pesto.
- ⅓ cup shelled salted pistachios
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 cups packed basil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf Nature's Promise Ciabatta Bread
- 1 (8 oz) ball fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 (3 oz) pkg sliced prosciutto
- ½ cup roasted red pepper slices, patted dry
- Set grill or large grill pan to medium.
- In a food processor, pulse the pistachios, garlic, and basil until very finely chopped. Pulse in the oil until combined, then stir in the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Split the ciabatta bread lengthwise and remove some of insides. Brush cut sides with pesto. Thinly slice the mozzarella cheese. Layer mozzarella, prosciutto, and red pepper onto bottom of ciabatta. Add ciabatta top and wrap tightly in foil.
- Place sandwich on the grill and weigh down with a large cast-iron skillet. Cook 5 min. Turn over and cook another 5 min., weighted down. Carefully unwrap and cut into 4 pieces.
- In Season
- S5 2019
- Calories 635kcal 32%
- Fat 39.5g 61%
- Saturated fat 12.0g 60%
- Carbs 39.6g 13%
- Sodium 1235mg 51%
- 4.4g sugar
- 3.7g fiber
- 29.7g protein
- 63mg cholesterol