Barbecue rub and sauce smother these spuds with major flavor. A quick spin in the microwave slashes cooking time, ensuring the sweet potatoes cook evenly on the grill.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp dry barbecue seasoning
- ¼ cup Nature's Promise Organic Barbecue Sauce
- 3 tbsp finely chopped pecans
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Set grill to medium-high. Cut the sweet potatoes into ½-inch-thick slices and place in a microwave-safe dish. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 1 min.
- Uncover potatoes and brush all over with the oil. Sprinkle with the barbecue seasoning. Grill 2–3 min. per side, until tender and grill marks appear.
- Brush tops with some of the barbecue sauce and turn slices over. Grill 1 min., brushing tops with remaining barbecue sauce. Turn potatoes over once more and grill 1 min. Transfer to a platter. Garnish with the pecans and green onions.
- Guiding Stars
- June 2019