Homemade Greek yogurt dip complements these peppery grilled drumsticks, which are the perfect finger food for picnics.
- 12 (about 3 lbs) chicken drumsticks
- ½ cup lemon pepper marinade
- 1 medium kirby cucumber
- ¼ tsp salt, plus more for seasoning
- ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a gallon-size resealable bag, combine the chicken and marinade. Pressing out excess air, seal bag tightly. Toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, halve the cucumber lengthwise. With a small spoon, scrape out seeds. Coarsely grate cucumber into a medium bowl and toss with the salt. Let stand 15 min.
- With a clean towel or paper towels, squeeze excess liquid from cucumbers. Return to bowl and stir in the yogurt, vinegar, dill, mint, and oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat grill to medium. Remove chicken from marinade and place on grill. Cook 30–35 min., until cooked through, turning occasionally. Serve warm or at room temperature with cucumber-yogurt sauce for dipping.
- July/August 2019
- Guiding Stars