For a better-for-you burger, try piling on fresh veggies, sticking to just one 4-oz patty, using lower calorie condiments, and swapping regular buns for fiber-rich whole wheat sandwich thins.
- 4 pre-formed hamburger patties
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 4 whole-wheat sandwich thins, split
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 leaves green leaf lettuce
- Ketchup, as garnish
- Set grill to medium. Season the hamburger patties with salt and pepper. Place on grill and cook 3 min. per side, until desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, grill the onion slices 2 min. per side, until golden. Toast the buns on the grill 1–2 min.
- Place 1 patty on each sandwich thin bottom. Top with the grilled onion, lettuce, tomato, and ketchup. Add sandwich thin tops.
- S5 2019
- Calories 351kcal 18%
- Fat 10.6g 16%
- Saturated fat 3.1g 15%
- Carbs 49.8g 17%
- Sodium 564mg 24%
- 8.8g sugar
- 6.9g fiber
- 17.4g protein
- 28mg cholesterol