What better way to sneak in veggies than under a blanket of chips and cheese? Grated zucchini is another way to add nutrients to any dish.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup diced onions
- 1 (12 oz) pkg sliced mixed mini sweet peppers
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 (16 oz) canned reduced-sodium kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups Nature's Promise organic shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coarsely grate the zucchini on a box grater.
- In a large pot, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the onions and peppers. Season with salt. Cook 5–6 min., until almost tender, stirring often. Add zucchini and chili powder. Cook 2 min., stirring often.
- Into pot, stir the kidney beans and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer mixture to a 2½-qt baking dish. Top with ¾ cup cheese and the chips. Sprinkle with remaining ¾ cup cheese.
- Bake 15–20 min., until cheese is melted.
- S7 2019
- Calories 295kcal 15%
- Fat 16.0g 25%
- Saturated fat 6.0g 30%
- Carbs 29.0g 10%
- Sodium 462mg 19%
- 10.0g sugar
- 7.0g fiber
- 13.0g protein
- 27mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?