This twist on a Chinese takeout dish features turnip noodles hidden amidst the spaghetti and a sweet, nutty dressing.
- 1 lb turnips
- ½ (16 oz) box spaghetti
- 2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- ¼ cup Nature's Promise ® Free from Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 medium kirby cucumber
- 2 green onions
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Peel the turnips and spiralize into long strands.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Two minutes before spaghetti is cooked, add turnip noodles. Drain cooked spaghetti and turnip noodles and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, and salt.
- Peel the cucumber and halve lengthwise. With a small spoon, scrape out the seeds. Cut into matchsticks. Thinly slice the green onions on an angle.
- Add spaghetti and turnip noodles to bowl with sauce. Toss until well coated. Add the chicken and cucumber and toss to combine. Season with salt to taste. Garnish with green onions.
Swap the turnips for convenient, already-prepped squash noodles from the store. Just be sure to cook them 1 min. less than the turnips.
- Guiding Stars
- September 2019
- Calories 375kcal 19%
- Fat 17.0g 26%
- Saturated fat 4.0g 20%
- Carbs 37.0g 12%
- Sodium 512mg 21%
- 6.0g sugar
- 3.0g fiber
- 19.0g protein
- 45mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?