Part Spanish omelet, part oven-baked frittata, and completely delicious—this one-pan meal feeds the whole family.
- 1 (16 oz) pkg frozen chopped spinach
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ (20 oz) pkg frozen shredded potatoes
- 2 tsp paprika
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese, divided
- 1 (8.5 oz) jar sun-dried tomatoes, divided
- 1 (8 oz) pkg sliced mushrooms
- Preheat the broiler. Defrost the spinach and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat the oil over high heat and fry the potatoes with paprika and salt for 4 min.
- Beat the eggs with ½ cup ricotta. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes and reduce heat. Cook the omelet for 10 min., until edges are set.
- Place skillet in broiler for 2 min., until omelet is completely set, browned, and puffy (watch it carefully so it doesn’t burn).
- Drain the sun-dried tomatoes and slice, reserving 1 tsp oil. Heat reserved oil in a large saucepan and add ⅔ of the tomatoes and all the mushrooms. Sauté for 2 min. on medium heat. Add the spinach in portions and cook for 5 min. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slide the potato omelet onto a flat dish and spread the spinach mixture on top. Scatter the remaining ½ cup ricotta and tomatoes on top. Cut into wedges and serve.
- Guiding Stars
- September 2019
- August September 2015
- Calories 535kcal 27%
- Fat 24.0g 37%
- Saturated fat 7.0g 35%
- Carbs 59.0g 20%
- Sodium 302mg 13%
- 25.0g sugar
- 13.0g fiber
- 31.0g protein
- 251mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?