Serve this homemade version of frozen breaded fish sticks with different dipping sauces and let everyone at the table choose their favorite.
- 2 (12 oz) pkgs Nature's Promise ® Free from Wild-Caught Cod Fillets, thawed
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 ½ cups panko bread crumbs
- Cooking spray
- Ketchup, tartar sauce, lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the cod into 1-inch chunks. In a large bowl, toss the cod and flour until well coated.
In a wide shallow dish, whisk the eggs and lemon pepper seasoning until well combined. Place the panko in a separate dish.
- Add cod chunks to the egg mixture and toss to coat. In 2–3 batches, transfer to the panko, letting any excess egg drip off. If needed, press cod so crumbs adhere. Arrange on lined pan.
- Coat tops of nuggets with cooking spray. Bake 20–25 min., until golden brown. Season with salt to taste. Serve with ketchup, tartar sauce, or lemon wedges.
To make ahead, follow steps 1–3, then freeze nuggets on a sheet pan until solid. Store in a resealable plastic bag. When ready to serve, continue with step 4.
- Guiding Stars
- September 2019
- Calories 299kcal 15%
- Fat 4.0g 6%
- Saturated fat 1.0g 5%
- Carbs 26.0g 9%
- Sodium 177mg 7%
- 1.0g sugar
- 1.0g fiber
- 37.0g protein
- 166mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?