Pantry stars like coconut milk and curry paste liven up simple green beans and chicken in this fast and flavorful weeknight meal.
- 1 (12 oz) bag green beans
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup diced onions
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 serrano chili pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 (15 oz) can lite coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 (15.9 oz) bag Nature's Promise® Whole Grain Brown Rice
- Cut the green beans into halves. Cut the chicken into ½-inch chunks.
- In a medium pot, heat the oil on medium. Add the onions. Cook 5 min., until golden, stirring often. Add the garlic and chili pepper. Cook 2 min. Add the curry paste and cook 3 min., until browned, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the coconut milk, fish sauce, green beans, and chicken. Season with black pepper. Cover and cook 8–10 min., until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Heat the rice according to package directions. Serve curry over rice.
Garnish with chopped cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.
- Guiding Stars
- September 2019