- 1 lb Chirilagua Dried Red Beans
- 8 ½ cups water
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ medium white onion
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 tsp chopped onion
- 1 tsp chopped green chilies
- 1 cup MASECA corn flour
- 1 chicken stock cube
- ¾ cup water
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- Oil to taste
- Mix beans and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, add onion and garlic, lower heat and simmer for 1 to 2 hours. Keep an eye on dish to make sure there is always enough water (add more if necessary or reduce heat).
- Adjust the seasoning to taste once beans are fully cooked.
- Separate the bean stock from the beans.
- Using a hand blender, blend 2 cups of bean stock with two cups of beans, coriander, chopped onion, chilies, and oil if desired. Add the rest of the bean stock and bring to boil.
- Dissolve the stock cube in water.
- Mix the corn flour with the stock, until you get a thick dough.
- Roll spoonfuls of the dough into flat circles, using hands or rolling pin. Place a small piece of cheese in the middle and form a small ball keeping the cheese in the middle.
- Add the dumplings to the soup and simmer for 30 minutes or until the dumplings are fully cooked.
Serve the soup in a bowl, top with chopped coriander and Rio Grande Olanchito cream