Packaged shredded Brussels sprouts are the shortcut for this fall-centric walnut and dried cranberry salad.
- ¼ cup red wine vinaigrette
- 1 (12 oz) pkg shredded Brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 16 sea scallops
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- In a medium bowl, toss the vinaigrette and Brussels sprouts. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cranberries and walnuts and toss. Let stand.
- Remove small side muscles from the scallops, then pat dry with paper towels. Season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high until hot. Add the scallops and cook 2–3 min., until golden brown. Turn scallops over and reduce heat to medium. Add the butter to the skillet. Cook scallops another 1–2 min., until golden brown on bottoms, occasionally spooning melted butter over.
- Divide salad among 4 plates. Top with scallops.
- Fifteen Minutes
- October 2019
- Guiding Stars
- 15 Minutes