Once your tender meatballs have simmered, toss the veggie noodles in the slow cooker while you set the table for an easy low-carb dinner.
- 1 (28 oz) can Nature's Promise ® Organic Crushed Tomatoes with Basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (1¼ lb) pkg ground turkey breast
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more to serve
- 2 (12 oz) pkgs squash noodles
- In a 4- to 5-qt slow cooker bowl, combine the tomatoes, ½ tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, and bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, add the ground turkey, egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, remaining ½ tsp garlic powder, and remaining 1 tsp Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Using clean hands, combine. Form into 1½-inch meatballs. Add meatballs to the slow cooker. Cover with lid and cook on low 8 hours, until meatballs are fully cooked.
- To serve, use a slotted spoon to transfer meatballs to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Increase heat to high and toss the squash noodles with sauce in the slow cooker. Cover with lid and let cook 10 min., until zucchini is tender. Season with salt to taste. Divide among 4 bowls and top with meatballs and Parmesan cheese.
- October 2019
- Guiding Stars