This flavor-packed vegetarian stew features the “holy trinity” of Cajun cuisine: onion, celery, and bell peppers.
- 1 (14 oz) pkg Nature's Promise ® Organic Butternut Squash
- 2 small bell peppers
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can cooked lentils, drained
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
- Cut the squash into smaller chunks. Seed and finely chop the peppers.
- In a large pot, heat the oil on medium. Add the onion, celery, peppers, and Cajun seasoning. Cook 5–7 min., until onion is tender, stirring often. Stir in the garlic and cook 1 min.
- Add the tomatoes (do not drain), squash, lentils, and water. Heat to a boil on high. Reduce heat, cover with lid, and simmer 15–20 min., until squash is tender, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with the parsley.
Different brands of Cajun seasoning can vary widely in spice level and intensity of flavor. Taste your seasoning ahead of time and add to recipe according to your preference of spiciness.
- In Season
- October 2019
- Guiding Stars