Choose the convenience of a slow cooker over hours at the stove to make this classic side with all the flavors you know and love, like molasses, ketchup, and bacon.
- 1 (16 oz) bag Nature's Promise Organic navy beans
- 4 cups water, plus more for soaking
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ cup regular molasses
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp mustard powder
- ¾ tsp salt, plus more for seasoning
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Add the beans and enough water to cover by 2 inches to a large bowl. Soak overnight, then drain.
- To a large slow cooker bowl, add the bacon. Pour drained beans over bacon. Sprinkle the onions on top.
- In a large bowl, whisk the molasses, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard powder, salt, pepper, and 4 cups water until combined. Pour over beans in slow cooker bowl.
- Cover and cook on high 8–9 hours, until beans are very tender. Season with salt to taste.
- Slow Cooker
- baked beans
- Savory October 2019
- Calories 301kcal 15%
- Fat 12.2g 19%
- Saturated fat 3.9g 20%
- Carbs 40.1g 13%
- Sodium 830mg 35%
- 26.2g sugar
- 3.4g fiber
- 8.7g protein
- 19mg cholesterol