Sweet root vegetables and fresh herbs are a natural pair in this easy but impressive side dish.
- 2 ½ lbs parsnips, peeled and sliced into 1-inch rounds on an angle
- 2 ½ lbs carrots, peeled and sliced into 1-inch rounds on an angle
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the parsnips, carrots, oil, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide vegetables between baking sheets, arranging in a single layer. Roast 25–30 min., until vegetables are tender and crispy, stirring occasionally.
- Add the parsley and butter to vegetables and toss to combine. Transfer to a serving dish.
To make this ahead, follow steps 1–3. When ready to serve, reheat in microwave or 350°F oven, then proceed with step 4.
- November 2019
- Guiding Stars
- Calories 236kcal 12%
- Fat 9.0g 14%
- Saturated fat 3.0g 15%
- Carbs 39.0g 13%
- Sodium 136mg 6%
- 14.0g sugar
- 11.0g fiber
- 3.0g protein
- 8mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?