These tiny tartlets feature all the flavors of pecan pie in one bite, making it easier to sample all the desserts on your Thanksgiving table.
- Baking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat cups of a muffin pan with the baking spray. To a food processor, add the flour, granulated sugar, and butter. Pulse until dough holds together.
- Divide dough into 12 balls, placing each in the center of a muffin cup. Using your fingers, press the dough into an even layer and halfway up sides.
- In a 2-cup liquid measuring cup, whisk the egg, maple syrup, brown sugar, and extract until smooth. Carefully divide mixture among dough cups. Divide the pecans among tartlets.
- Bake until pastry is golden and center is set, 25–30 min. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 min. Run a paring knife around rim to release sides of tarts from pan.
UPGRADE: Before baking, top each tartlet with a pecan half.
- November 2019