Roasting brings out the sweetness of winter squash, which balances the tangy balsamic glaze. Toasted pecans lend a nutty crunch to this five-ingredient side dish.
- 4 medium acorn squash (about 4 lbs total)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment.
- Rinse the acorn squash, cut in half lengthwise, and remove seeds. Place acorn squash cut-sides down and slice into ¾-inch-thick half-moons.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, and honey. Reserve half. Add squash to remaining balsamic mixture and toss to coat. Arrange squash on the baking sheets in a single layer. Season squash with salt and pepper.
- Roast 15 min. Turn squash slices over. Roast another 15–25 min., until tender. During the last 5 min. of cook time, sprinkle the pecans over squash to toast. To serve, drizzle with reserved balsamic mixture. Transfer squash and pecans to a serving platter.
- 5 Ingredients
- November 2019
- Five Ingredients
- Guiding Stars