Roasting is a hands-off way to intensify the sweet-tart flavor of cranberries in this unique spin on a holiday favorite.
- 2 navel oranges
- 2 (12 oz) bags fresh cranberries
- ½ cup maple syrup, divided
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Slice the oranges in half and place in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Add the cranberries around oranges. Stir in ¼ cup maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and ¼ cup water.
- Roast 25–30 min., until cranberries have burst and juices are bubbly. Let rest 10 min., until oranges are cool enough to handle.
- Squeeze juice of oranges over cranberry mixture and stir in remaining ¼ cup maple syrup until well combined. Transfer to a bowl. Cool completely before serving.
- 4 ingredient
- November 2019