This nutritious salad has it all: fiber-packed quinoa, tangy pickled onions, creamy cheese, and earthy sweet potatoes.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ cups Nature's Promise® organic tricolor quinoa
- ½ small red onion
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4 oz gorgonzola
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into ½-inch chunks. Toss with 1 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Roast 20–25 min., until tender, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to package directions. Cut the onion into thin rounds. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, and ¼ cup water. Microwave 1 min., until hot. Stir in onions and set aside.
- When quinoa is cooked, toss with remaining 3 tbsp oil and roasted sweet potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a large serving platter.
- Break up the gorgonzola and arrange on top. Drain the onions, pat dry with paper towels, and sprinkle on top, along with the parsley.
- In Season
- November 2019
- Guiding Stars