Vitamin-packed spinach and a hint of soothing ginger make this soup both nutritious and comforting.
- 1 qt Nature's Promise ® Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 4 cups water
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups packed baby spinach
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- In a large slow cooker, combine the chicken broth, water, celery, garlic, and ginger. Stir in the rice.
- To slow cooker, add the chicken. Cover and cook on low 3–4 hours, until chicken and rice are cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a bowl. Stir spinach into the rice mixture to wilt. Use forks to shred chicken. Stir meat into slow cooker. Stir in the lemon juice. Season with salt to taste.
- December 2019
- Guiding Stars