Packaged cauliflower rice is a surefire shortcut to prepping this gluten-free pizza crust that makes a great base for any combo of toppings.
- Cooking spray
- 1 (12 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Organic Cauliflower Rice
- 1 (8 oz) pkg part-skim mozzarella
- ½ small red onion
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Generously coat with the cooking spray.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the cauliflower rice and microwave 4–6 min., until tender. Let cool slightly. Coarsely grate the mozzarella. Thinly slice the onion. Finely chop the bacon.
- Wrap cooked cauliflower rice in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out all the excess moisture. Place cauliflower in a large bowl and combine with the egg, Parmesan, and half of mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer cauliflower mixture to lined pan. Press firmly into an 11-inch round. Bake 12 min., until golden brown and firm.
- Meanwhile, to an 8-inch nonstick skillet, add bacon. Cook on medium-high 10 min., until crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella over cauliflower crust. Scatter bacon, then red onion on top. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake 15 min., until onion and crust are golden brown. Let pizza stand for 3–4 min. before cutting. Sprinkle with the parsley to serve.
- In Season
- December 2019
- Calories 253kcal 13%
- Fat 16.1g 25%
- Saturated fat 8.9g 44%
- Carbs 6.2g 2%
- Sodium 847mg 35%
- 2.7g sugar
- 2.1g fiber
- 21.5g protein
- 93mg cholesterol