The Moroccan spice blend ras el hanout brings warmth and earthiness to this dish, which swaps out traditional couscous for a low-carb veggie-based version.
- 1 head Nature's Promise Organic Cauliflower
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1 lb raw peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1 tbsp ras el hanout
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Roughly chop the cauliflower florets. In batches, add to a food processor and pulse until cauliflower resembles couscous.
- Add cauliflower to a large microwave-safe bowl with the raisins and ½ cup water. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 2–3 min., until fully cooked. Drain, if needed, and return to bowl. Season with salt to taste. Fold in the almonds and cilantro.
- Meanwhile, pat the shrimp dry. Toss shrimp with the ras el hanout, cumin, and sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add shrimp to skillet in single layer and cook 4 min., until browned on both sides, turning over once halfway through. Serve shrimp over cauliflower couscous.
If pressed for time, substitute 1 (16 oz) pkg riced cauliflower.
- Savory December 2019
- In Season
- Calories 285kcal 14%
- Fat 13.0g 20%
- Saturated fat 1.0g 5%
- Carbs 26.0g 9%
- Sodium 690mg 29%
- 15.0g sugar
- 5.0g fiber
- 21.0g protein
- 143mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?