A refreshing slaw adds extra nutrients and tanginess to these cheesy half-moon tacos. Stir a chopped jalapeño into the cabbage for an extra kick.
- Cooking spray
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- ¾ cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mash the black beans, chili powder, and cumin until almost smooth. Season with salt to taste. Divide black bean mixture among tortillas, spreading on just half of each tortilla. Sprinkle the cheese over beans. Fold the other half of tortilla over black bean mixture.
- Arrange tacos on baking sheet. Spray tops with cooking spray. Bake 12–15 min., until golden brown, turning tacos over halfway through.
- Meanwhile, finely dice the tomatoes. In a medium bowl, toss the coleslaw mix with tomatoes, lime juice, and cilantro. Season with salt to taste. Serve slaw on top.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Guiding Stars
- January 2020
- Egg Free