Rotisserie chicken and pre-washed salad greens make prepping your lunch in advance a cinch. Protein-packed sunflower seeds replace croutons for crunch while ripe avocado is the key to a creamy, dairy-free dressing.
- 1 small ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 (5 oz) pkg Italian-blend salad greens
- 2 medium bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds
- In a blender, purée the avocado, lemon juice, oil, chives, and 5 tbsp water until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the salad greens and bell peppers among 4 bowls. Top with the chicken and sunflower seeds. When ready to eat, drizzle each with a quarter of the dressing.
Pack this salad in food containers with the dressing on the side for easy lunches.
This recipe is
- Fifteen Minute
- gluten free
- January 2020
- guiding star
- Wheat Free
- Lactose Free
- 15 minute
- Paleo Diet
- Egg Free