Golden and crunchy tofu has never been easier thanks to a quick coating of cornstarch and the air fryer. Steamed broccoli and a sriracha-infused sauce turn this into an ideal rice bowl.
- 1 (14 oz) block extra-firm tofu
- 4 cups (about 10oz) broccoli florets
- Cooking spray
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 (15.9 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Whole-Grain brown rice
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- Arrange 2 layers of paper towels. Place the tofu on paper towels and cover with 2 more layers of paper towels. Top with a flat cutting board or small baking sheet and weigh down with 2 cans. Let stand 15 min.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the broccoli with ¼ cup water. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 4 min. Remove from microwave and let stand, covered.
- Coat air fryer basket with cooking spray. Cut tofu into ¼-inch-thick slices. Brush with the oil and coat with the cornstarch. Add to air fryer basket, in batches, if necessary. Set temperature to 390°F. Close lid and cook 13–15 min., gently shaking basket every 5 min., until tofu is golden brown.
- While tofu cooks, heat the rice according to package directions. In a small bowl, stir together the sriracha, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. Divide the brown rice among 4 bowls. Top with steamed broccoli and tofu. Drizzle with sauce.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- January 2020
- guiding star
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free