A veggie-centric grain bowl is easy to master at home, thanks to carrots and broccoli roasting alongside chicken on a baking sheet. Prepared pesto adds an easy kick of flavor.
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsps olive oil, divided
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 (about 1 ½ lbs) small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup refrigerated prepared pesto
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 (15.9 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 4 cups packed baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Thinly slice the carrots on an angle. In a large bowl, combine the Italian seasoning, paprika, and 1 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- On a large foil-lined rimmed baking sheet, toss carrots with 1/2 tbsp oil. Arrange in single layer on one-third of pan. Toss the broccoli with remaining 1/2 tbsp oil and arrange in single layer on another third of pan. Season both vegetables with salt and pepper.
- To bowl with spices, add the chicken and toss until well coated. Transfer to baking sheet. Bake 20–25 min., until chicken is cooked through (165°F) and veggies are tender, stirring veggies once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the pesto, lemon juice, and 1 tbsp water. Heat the brown rice according to package directions and divide among 4 serving bowls.
- Chop the chicken. Top brown rice with chicken, broccoli, and carrots. Divide the baby spinach among bowls. Drizzle with pesto mixture.
This recipe is
- gluten free
- Guiding Stars
- January 2020
- Wheat Free
- Egg Free