Just the perfect restaurant-style guac for entertaining, all in the comfort of home. Serve with your favorite raw veggies, from sugar snap peas to radishes to cauliflower florets.
- 3 tbsp minced red onion
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed and seeded
- 1 small plum tomato
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- Assorted veggies like baby carrots, cucumber, radishes
- Plantain chips, to serve
- Soak the red onion in a small bowl of ice water 10 min. Meanwhile, finely dice the jalapeño and tomato.
- Halve the avocados and remove pits. With a spoon, scoop the flesh into a medium bowl. Add the lime juice. Use a fork to lightly mash avocados.
- Drain and rinse onions and pat dry with paper towel. Stir onions, jalapeño, tomato, and cilantro into avocado mixture. Season with salt to taste. Serve with the veggies and plantain chips.
This recipe is
- Raw food
- Fifteen Minute
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- Guiding Stars
- January 2020
- Wheat Free
- Raw Food
- Lactose Free
- 15 minute
- Egg Free