High in protein and fiber—not to mention gluten-free—chickpea flour makes for a great skillet pizza crust.
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- ½ cup Nature's Promise Organic Pizza Sauce
- ¾ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- ¼ cup diced tricolor peppers
- ¼ cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- Place a 12-inch oven-safe skillet in oven. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk the flour and salt to combine. Gradually whisk in the water until batter is smooth. Let batter stand while oven is preheating.
- Once oven is up to temperature, whisk 1 tbsp oil into batter. Carefully remove hot skillet from oven. Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to skillet and brush to coat bottom.
- To hot skillet, add batter, spreading out in an even layer. Bake 10–12 min., until set and golden around edges.
- Remove skillet from oven and spread with the pizza sauce. Top with the mozzarella, then the peppers and mushrooms. Bake another 10 min., until cheese is melted and vegetables are tender. Serve hot.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- January 2020
- guiding star
- Wheat Free
- Egg Free