These loaded New Orleans–style heroes are filled with seasoned shrimp and all the messy fixins of the classic sandwich.
- 1 ¼ lbs raw peeled, deveined shrimp, tails removed
- 1 tbsp salt-free Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tsp sweet paprika, divided
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp pickle relish
- 2 tsp hot sauce, plus more to serve
- 4 hero or hoagie rolls, split and toasted
- Shredded iceburg lettuce, sliced tomoatoes, and red onion slices, for serving
- Pat the shrimp dry. Toss shrimp with the Cajun seasoning, sugar, and 1 tsp paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil on high. Add shrimp to skillet in single layer and cook 4–5 min., until browned on both sides, turning over once halfway through. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, remaining 2 tsp paprika, relish, and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread sauce on each side of the rolls. Top with shrimp, lettuce, tomatoes, and onions. Serve with hot sauce.
If you have time, let the shrimp marinate 15 min.
This recipe is
- Fifteen Minute
- Savory February March 2020
- 15 minute
- Calories 501kcal 25%
- Fat 19.5g 30%
- Saturated fat 2.5g 12%
- Carbs 53.4g 18%
- Sodium 1531mg 64%
- 15.7g sugar
- 2.8g fiber
- 27.7g protein
- 188mg cholesterol