Crisp-tender snow peas and juicy steak are the base for this Chinese takeout–inspired supper.
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 (1-inch) chunk fresh ginger
- 2 navel oranges
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 (12 oz) pkg snow peas
- Cut the steak into thin slices for stir-frying. Thinly slice the green onions. Peel and finely chop the ginger. Cut 1 orange into half-moon slices. Squeeze juice of second orange into a medium bowl.
- To juice, add the soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and ginger. Whisk to combine.
- In a 12-inch skillet or wok, heat the oil on medium-high. Add beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook 4–5 min., until browned, stirring often. Transfer beef to a bowl.
- To same skillet, add green onions and garlic. Cook 30 sec., stirring constantly. Add orange slices, snow peas, and soy sauce mixture. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 3 min., stirring occasionally, until snow peas are tender and sauce has reduced. Return beef to skillet and stir together. Remove from heat.
Serve with rice or Chinese noodles.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- In Season
- February March 2020
- guiding star
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free