A crowd-pleasing game-day appetizer gets even tastier when combined with a pizza fresh from the oven.
- 1 (16 oz) ball pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- ¾ cup salsa
- ½ cup fat-free refried beans
- 1 ½ cups Mexican-blend shredded cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup diced avocado
- 3 tbsp light sour cream
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat pizza stone or large cookie sheet in 450°F oven. Meanwhile, let the pizza dough stand at room temperature until soft and pliable.
- Stretch and roll out dough to 11- to 12-inch circle. Place on a large sheet of parchment. Top with the salsa, refried beans, cheese, and tomatoes, leaving 1-inch rim. Brush rim with the olive oil.
- Using parchment, carefully transfer pizza onto preheated pizza stone or pan, leaving pizza on parchment. Bake 15–17 min., until golden brown on bottom.
- To serve, top pizza with the avocado. In a small bowl, stir together the light sour cream and lime juice until smooth. Drizzle over pizza. Garnish with the cilantro.
To keep things mess-free, pull the pizza onto a large cutting board or other flat surface using the parchment, then open the oven and pull the parchment to place the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- February March 2020
- Egg Free