A robust stout enhances rich chocolate, while the green frosting makes these little cakes St. Patrick’s Day–worthy.
- 1 (15.2 oz) pkg chocolate fudge cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ –½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup stout beer
- 1 (16 oz) container white frosting
- Green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cups of two 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, and oil. Pour beer into a liquid measuring cup. Add enough water to measuring cup to equal total amount of water called for in cake mix directions. Add beer-water mixture to cake mix bowl. Beat until well combined.
- Divide the batter among lined cups. Bake according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool cupcakes on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, add the frosting to a medium bowl. Stir in green food coloring for desired color. Spread or pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.
Check the cake mix instructions for how much vegetable oil to add.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- February March 2020
- Calories 194kcal 10%
- Fat 8.4g 13%
- Saturated fat 2.5g 13%
- Carbs 27.1g 9%
- Sodium 210mg 9%
- 19.7g sugar
- 0.6g fiber
- 1.9g protein
- 32mg cholesterol