Cauliflower, zucchini, and chickpeas are simmered in a fragrant mixture of ginger and coconut milk for a quick, budget-friendly vegetarian dinner that’s good for both you and your wallet.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (2-inch) knob fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 (15.5 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ (10 oz) box couscous
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Thinly slice the zucchini and onion. Peel and finely grate the ginger.
- In a large pot, heat the oil on medium-high. Add zucchini and onion. Season with salt. Cook 7–9 min., stirring occasionally, until softened. Stir in the curry powder and ginger and cook 1 min.
- Add the coconut milk, chickpeas, and cauliflower. Heat to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and cover. Simmer 10–12 min., stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to package directions. Fluff with fork.
- Divide couscous among 4 bowls. Spoon chickpea mixture on top and garnish with the cilantro.
This recipe is
- April 2020
- guiding star