A dollop of pesto lends big flavor fast to this budget-friendly tortellini soup that is packed with vegetables like sweet peas, spinach, and asparagus.
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 (19 oz) pkg frozen cheese tortellini
- ½ (10 oz) bag frozen peas or 5 oz fresh shelled peas
- 1 (5 oz) pkg baby spinach
- ¼ cup jarred pesto
- In a large pot, bring the broth and water to a boil on high. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, trim the asparagus and cut into 1-inch lengths. To pot, add the tortellini, peas, and asparagus. Cook 3–5 min., until tortellini and vegetables are tender. In batches, stir in spinach until wilted. Whisk in the pesto. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe is
- April 2020
- Budget Friendly
- Guiding Stars