A little chorizo goes a long way toward adding spice and meaty savoriness to this mostly meatless Tex-Mex-inspired burrito that makes a satisfying and quick dinner.
- 1 (about 3 oz) link fresh Mexican- style chorizo casing removed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 (15.5 oz) can low-sodium black beans, undrained
- 1 (15.9 oz) pkg Nature's Promise precooked Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 4 oz sharp Cheddar, coarsely grated
- 2 cups shredded romaine
- ½ cup light sour cream
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook the chorizo on medium 4–6 min., until mostly browned, breaking up with back of wooden spoon.
- Add the onion and chili powder. Cook 3 min., stirring often. Stir in the beans and cook 4–5 min., until onion is tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, heat the rice according to package directions.
- Spoon a quarter of rice across center of 1 tortilla. Top with a quarter of bean mixture and the cheese. Add a quarter of the lettuce. Fold bottom of tortilla up toward center over filling. Fold sides in toward center and roll up to close. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut burritos in half and serve with the sour cream.
This recipe is
- April 2020
- Nut Free
- Egg Free
- Calories 893kcal 45%
- Fat 25.1g 39%
- Saturated fat 10.8g 54%
- Carbs 135.9g 45%
- Sodium 888mg 37%
- 4.5g sugar
- 14.0g fiber
- 30.9g protein
- 52mg cholesterol