Juicy strawberries mingle with airy layers of whipped cream and cakey cookies in this easy no-bake dessert that you can make ahead.
- 3 stalks rhubarb, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and sliced, divided
- 42 wafers
- 4 cups whipped cream or whipped topping
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rhubarb, sugar, and ¼ cup water. Heat on medium and cook 10 min., until rhubarb is tender, stirring often. Remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla extract, almond extract, and ¾ of strawberries. Cool mixture completely.
- In a 2-qt baking dish, line the bottom with half of the wafers. Spoon half of strawberry-rhubarb mixture on top, spreading in even layer. Spread 2 cups whipped cream over strawberry layer. Repeat layering with remaining wafers, strawberry-rhubarb mixture, and whipped cream.
- Arrange remaining strawberry slices on top. Cover with plastic and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 1 day. To serve, garnish with the almonds.
To cool the rhubarb mixture more quickly, transfer it to a wide, shallow bowl and spread it out into a thin layer. Refrigerate until cool.
This recipe is
- Savory April 2020
- Calories 263kcal 13%
- Fat 12.9g 20%
- Saturated fat 5.8g 29%
- Carbs 34.8g 12%
- Sodium 109mg 5%
- 19.9g sugar
- 2.1g fiber
- 3.1g protein
- 23mg cholesterol