A play on a Chinese restaurant staple, this stir-fry features chicken and cashews in a sweet-and-sour sauce for a dinner that’s definitely better (and faster!) than takeout.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 bunch green onions
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 8 oz frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cabbage for slaw
- 1 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 1 (15.9 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Precooked Whole Grain Brown Rice
- Cut the chicken into ½-inch chunks. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 3 min., stirring often.
- Meanwhile, slice the green onions. In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, vinegar, and brown sugar until sugar dissolves.
- To skillet, add the broccoli, cabbage, and green onions. Cook 5 min., stirring often. Add the soy sauce mixture and cashews. Cook another 2 min., until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- While vegetables cook, heat the rice according to package directions. Serve stir-fry with rice.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- April 2020
- Fifteen Minute
- super fast
- Lactose Free
- 15 minute
- Egg Free
- Calories 660kcal 33%
- Fat 28.0g 43%
- Saturated fat 5.0g 25%
- Carbs 73.0g 24%
- Sodium 691mg 29%
- 10.0g sugar
- 7.0g fiber
- 33.0g protein
- 104mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?