Crunchy bacon, crisp lettuce, sweet and tangy tomatoes–what’s not to love about BLTs? Whip up these classic sandwiches with a twist for an easy lunch or light dinner.
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 8 slices whole-grain bread, lightly toasted
- 4 large leaves green leaf lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and thinly sliced
- On a paper towel-lined large plate, arrange 4 slices bacon. Cover with another layer of paper towels. Microwave 4–5 min., until crispy. Repeat with remaining 4 slices bacon.
- Meanwhile, grate the zest from the lemon and squeeze 2 tsp juice into a small bowl. With garlic press, crush the garlic into bowl. Add the mayonnaise and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On 4 bread slices, layer the lettuce, bacon, and tomato. Season tomato with pinch of salt. Spread the lemon-basil mayonnaise on remaining 4 bread slices and place on top. Serve immediately.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Fifteen Minute
- May 2020
- Guiding Stars
- Lactose Free
- 15 minute