This New Orleans-inspired salad that makes jumbo lump crab the star is assembled in under 10 minutes.
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (5 oz) pkg salad greens
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, cut into quarters
- 8 oz cooked jumbo crab, picked over
- Place the asparagus in a microwave-safe baking dish with ¼ cup water. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 3 min., until tender. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and 1 tbsp water until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On a large platter, arrange the greens. Top with the carrots, eggs, crab, and asparagus. Season eggs with salt and pepper. Spoon or drizzle dressing on top.
Cooked shrimp can be substituted for the jumbo lump crab.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Ten Minute
- May 2020
- 10 Minute
- guiding star
- Wheat Free
- Lactose Free