A simple but delicious pasta casserole gets a major upgrade when topped with salami that gets crispy in the oven.
- 1 lb ziti
- 1 (14 oz) jar Nature's Promise Organic Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1 ¼ cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ½ (4 oz) thinly sliced salami
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Boil the pasta for half of the cook time according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup cooking water. Drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the pizza sauce, ricotta, and mozzarella cheese. Stir to combine. Add pasta and reserved cooking water. Toss to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 2½-qt baking dish. Layer salami slices on top. Bake 20 min., until pasta is cooked through and salami is crisp.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Five Ingredient
- 5 ingredient
- May 2020
- take 5
- guiding star
- Egg Free