Flaky pie dough is stuffed with strawberry jam and tangy cream cheese in this 5-ingredient kid-friendly dessert or breakfast.
- 1 (14.1 oz) box 9-inch refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
- 7 tbsp strawberry jam
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tsp turbinado or raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Unroll each pie crust. Using either a biscuit cutter or the top of a glass, cut out seven 3-inch circles from each pie crust for a total of 14 rounds.
- Cut the cream cheese into 7 thin slices. Transfer half the dough rounds to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place 1 slice cream cheese on each round. Top each with 1 tbsp jam. Top with remaining dough circles, pressing edges to seal. Use fork to crimp edges.
- With fork, poke a few holes into the top of each pie. Brush tops with the cream and sprinkle with the sugar. Bake 15–20 min., until golden brown on tops and edges.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Five Ingredient
- 5 ingredient
- May 2020
- take 5
- Egg Free