Follow our Instant Pot® Beef Bourguignon recipe for a delicious dish featuring tender beef cooked in a rich sauce flavored with garlic, thyme, bacon drippings and Burgundy wine. Making it in the Instant Pot® means it takes a fraction of the time, but still tastes like it's been cooking all day.
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 cup Swanson® Beef Broth or Swanson® Beef Stock
- ½ cup Burgundy or other dry red wine
- 3 cups baby cut carrots
- Season the beef as desired. Coat the beef with the flour. On your Instant Pot®, select the Saute setting. Add the bacon and cook until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove the bacon from the pot and drain on paper towels. Reserve the drippings in the pot.
- Add the beef to the reserved drippings in the Instant Pot®. Cook for 8 minutes or until well browned, stirring occasionally. Add the mushrooms, onion, garlic and thyme and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Press Cancel.
- Stir the broth, bacon, wine and carrots in the Instant Pot®. Lock the lid and close the pressure release valve. Select the Pressure Cook or Manual setting according to which model of Instant Pot® you're using. (If using Manual setting, select High pressure.) Set the timer for 25 minutes (timer will begin counting down once pressure is reached). When done, press Cancel and use the quick release method to release the pressure. Season to taste. Serve the beef mixture over hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes, if desired.
Multi-cooker settings and features vary widely across different models and brands. Refer to the manual for your cooker to learn which functions will produce the cooking methods (saute, pressure cook) needed for this recipe.
Recipe provided by Campbells® and Instant Pot®