Grilling romaine lends a deliciously smoky touch to this hearty, vegetarian salad that gets its protein from budget-friendly eggs and satisfying crunch from garlicky croutons.
- 8 large eggs
- 1 (12 oz) pkg microwave-in-bag green beans
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 tbsp red wine vinaigrette, divided
- ½ (5 oz) bag cheese and garlic croutons
- Set a greased grill to medium-high. To a medium saucepan, add the eggs and enough cold water to cover. Heat to a boil on high. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 10 min. Run under cold water until cold. Microwave the green beans according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, quarter the romaine lettuce and trim the asparagus. Toss asparagus with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill asparagus 6–8 min., until tender, turning occasionally. Grill romaine lettuce, cut-sides down, 2 min., until grill marks appear.
- Peel eggs and quarter. Cut the asparagus and green beans into 2-inch lengths. In a medium bowl, toss asparagus and green beans with 2 tbsp vinaigrette.
- Arrange romaine lettuce quarters on a large platter. Scatter asparagus and green beans over lettuce. Arrange the eggs and croutons on top. Drizzle with remaining 6 tbsp vinaigrette.
This recipe is
- June 2020
- Nut Free
- Budget Friendly
- guiding star