This fast, budget-friendly gluten-free dinner features the tastes of summer with a citrusy slaw and grilled pork sausages.
- 2 limes
- 1 orange
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ head green cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- ¾ cup lightly salted peanuts, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced and divided
- 1 (16 oz) pkg Italian sausages
- Set grill or grill pan to medium.
- Into a large bowl, grate the zest of 1 lime and 1 orange. Squeeze in the juice from both limes and orange. Whisk in the honey. Add the cabbage, peanuts, and half of green onions. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let stand.
- Prick the sausages all over. Grill, covered, 8–10 min., turning occasionally, until cooked through. Serve sausages with slaw. Garnish with remaining green onions.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Budget Friendly
- gluten free
- July/Aug 2020
- guiding star
- Wheat Free
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free