Grilled bell peppers and fresh mozzarella make this vegetarian spaghetti dinner a weeknight winner.
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 (6.5 oz) container prepared pesto
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ½ (8 oz) fresh mozzarella ball
- Set grill to medium. Remove the stems and seeds from the bell peppers and cut into quarters. Cut the onion in half. To bowl, add vegetables and toss with the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, place vegetables on grill. Cover and cook 10 min., until tender and lightly charred, turning occasionally. Transfer vegetables to cutting board and let cool slightly. Slice peppers and onion.
- Toss pasta with the pesto. Stir in vegetables and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Tear the mozzarella into pieces and sprinkle on top of pasta
This recipe is
- plant powered
- July/Aug 2020
- Guiding Stars
- Egg Free