Antioxidant-rich berries and iron-packed spinach turn this make-ahead smoothie pack into a breakfast powerhouse.
- 3 cups blueberries, divided
- 1 cup packed baby spinach, divided
- 1 medium apple, cored and cut up, divided
- 4 tbsp ground flaxseed, divided
- 4 cups water or milk, divided
- 8 tsp honey, divided
- Divide the blueberries, baby spinach, apple, and flaxseed among 4 resealable quart-size bags. Seal tightly, pressing out excess air. Freeze until ready to blend, at least 4 hours.
- To make 1 smoothie, add 1 cup water and 2 tsp honey to a blender. Add contents of 1 bag. Blend until smooth.
For an extra dose of protein, add ¼ cup nonfat Greek yogurt when blending each batch.
This recipe is
- Raw food
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- July/Aug 2020
- Guiding Stars
- Wheat Free
- Raw Food
- Egg Free