Whether for a weekend brunch or dessert, this pull-apart monkey bread glazed with caramel is easy thanks to the slow cooker and store-bought biscuit dough.
- Cooking spray
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 (16 oz) can jumbo biscuits, separated
- 4 tbsp (½ stick) butter, melted
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Place a small wire rack (or make a rack by squeezing a large sheet of aluminum foil into a thick log and coiling it) in a large oval slow cooker bowl. Line bottom of a 7- or 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper. Coat insides of pan with the cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut each biscuit into 6 pieces and add to a medium bowl. Drizzle the butter over biscuit pieces and toss to coat. Add the pecans and sugar mixture to biscuits and toss until well combined.
- Arrange biscuit pieces in a single layer in lined pan. Pour any excess butter or sugar from bowl over the dough.
- Place pan in slow cooker on wire or foil rack. Carefully add enough water to slow cooker bowl to come halfway up side of cake pan. Place a few layers of paper towels across top of slow cooker and cover with lid to secure. Cook on high 3–4 hours, until cooked through in center. Carefully remove cake pan from slow cooker and let cool slightly. Invert monkey bread onto a platter, remove parchment, and serve warm.
This recipe is
- Oct/Nov 2020
- Egg Free
- Calories 329kcal 16%
- Fat 18.5g 28%
- Saturated fat 9.1g 45%
- Carbs 39.2g 13%
- Sodium 411mg 17%
- 17.1g sugar
- 1.8g fiber
- 4.2g protein
- 15mg cholesterol